Saturday, November 16, 2013

Do You Listen to Your Computer?

I do!

iPod Shuffle - Apple Canada
Now...I'm not referring to asking my PC for advice. Rather, I'm talking about pod-casts: broadcasts that you can listen to directly on your computer or download to a device such as an iPod and listen on-the-go.  I received my first iPod 'Shuffle' several years ago -- a gift from my children to enjoy while walking or jogging, which I do regularly for exercise.

And what a gift it's been!  I now enjoy a wide range of programs having to do with my hobbies and personal interests -- including things spiritual and theological.  In the past year I discovered Krista Tippett and her program, "On Being" -- and it's this program I commend to you for your listening pleasure.  Ms. Tippett is an articulate interviewer of a broad spectrum of people whose work, research and impact is far-reaching.

Programs I've enjoyed recently include her interviews with:

Seth Godin


Kevin Kling

Marie Howe

Sylvia Boorstein

Christian Wiman

Gordon Hempton

David Montgomery

Jean Vanier

Nadia Bolz-Weber
and

Keith Devlin

Click on the link -- any caption -- turn up your speakers, pour a cuppa, and be prepared to be transported, inspired, stretched, amused and entertained: perfect accompaniment to whatever you're doing on a snowy winter afternoon.

No comments: