Thursday, April 6, 2023

A Blessing for Maundy Thursday

 



a Maundy Thursday blessing in deep distress

o God,
i am overwhelmed with grief
and too tired to cry.

o God,
i need to hear you
say my name.

God have mercy.
Christ have mercy.
Spirit have mercy.

o my creator,
speak me back into being
show me the bonds of love
that formed me
that hold me
let them be as iron
that enters my soul

blessed are we who see
that this present darkness
it is not all there is

blessed are we
who look for the one
this Jesus
dressed as a servant
who washes my feet

blessed are we who say
i am known
i am loved
i can love again

I have loved you
with an everlasting love.
Jeremiah 31:3

God have mercy.
Christ have mercy.
Spirit have mercy.

Hush child. Let me hold you.
You are mine.

-- Kate Bowler - https://katebowler.com/blessings/a-maundy-thursday-blessing-in-deep-distress/

No comments: