Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Reflecting on a Life

The Rev. Billy Graham has died.  

This clip from MSNBC's "Morning Joe" describes his mission, his life's work, in its context as "America's Pastor", in the words of Jon Meacham, who is an American historian.



A man who, just as he was, followed what he believed to be the call on his life.

 A life thus lived...something to ponder in this Lenten season...in the words we sang on Sunday from the Common Praise Hymn Book...

Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bid'st me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come!  I come!

Just as I am, and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot;
To Thee whose blood can cleans each spot,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!

Just as I am though tossed about 
With many a conflict, many a doubt;
Fightings and fears, within, without,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!

Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
Sight, riches, healing of the mind;
Yes, all I need, in Thee to find,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!

Just as I am, Thy love unknown
Has broken every barrier down;
Now to be Thine, yea, Thine alone,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!



Rest in Peace, Rev. Graham.
 Nov. 7, 1918 - Feb. 21, 2018

No comments: