Thursday, July 2, 2020

Reflection in Ordinary Time During a Pandemic: Parker Palmer

These days, when people ask how I’m doing, it’s hard to give a simple answer.
This morning’s news filled me with rage about our ‘leaders’ and the suffering they’re causing. At lunch, I got sad news about the death of a good man I knew, but was touched by his legacy of kindness. I just got back from a walk, and being out under those tenacious old trees gave me hope. But if tonight is like last night, I may wake up at 3 AM with a sense of despair.'
For those of us who are feeling a welter of emotions, this much-loved poem by Rumi offers sound guidance: 'Welcome and entertain them all [for] each has been sent as a guide from beyond.'
-- Parker J. Palmer, from whose Facebook page I'm sharing this post. 

 May it bless you today...



No comments: